Kicked Up Green Chile Cornbread
Kicked-Up In Your Face Green Chile Cornbread
Kick up your cornbread with green chiles, fresh corn kernels, and spicy In Your Face cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarse cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3 tablespoons avocado or vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (cut off approx. 2 large ears)
- 1 (4 oz) can green chiles
- 1.5 cup shredded In Your Face cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 Pyrex baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, oil, and eggs. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until combined. The batter will be lumpy.
- Add corn kernels, green chiles, and cheddar cheese to the batter and stir until just combined.
- Cool in pan before cutting into squares and serve.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake on center rack until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean – about 30-35 minutes.