Cranberry Walnut Cheddar Dutch Baby with Sautéed Apples
Dutch Babies (also known as German Pancakes) are such a warm comforting meal, and so easy! Adding in our delightful Cranberry Walnut Cheddar gives this cozy dish a savory touch with more richness and flavor. Don’t limit this dish to the breakfast table! It’s perfect for brunch or a light supper. We suggest using a cast iron skillet for optimal browning and puffing, but if you don’t have one, an oven safe skillet will work too.
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 t. sea salt
- 1 cup shredded Cranberry Walnut Cheddar
- 2 Tb. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 large apple, cored and diced or cut into 1/2″ rings
- ½ t cinnamon
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Cranberry Syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place a large cast iron in the oven and heat for 10 minutes or until oven comes up to temperature.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Remove skillet from oven, add 1 Tb. butter to the pan and use a brush to coat all surfaces. Add batter and scatter cheese over. Place skillet in oven and cook until the Dutch Baby is golden brown and puffed, about 15- 18 minutes.
- While the Dutch Baby is cooking, heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Place 1 Tb. butter into the pan along with apple and cinnamon. Cook apples until just brown and tender, stirring to make sure both sides about 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover.
- Remove Dutch Baby from oven, cut into four pieces and plate. Place apples over pancake, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with warmed cranberry syrup.
Cranberry Walnut Cheddar: Smooth and creamy with a sweet festive suprise, our cranberry walnut cheddar is a delight for your taste buds. Combining aged cheddar with local cranberries and crisp walnuts, our Cranberry Walnut Cheddar is at home on a cheese plate or with your favorite wine
Cranberry Honey Fromage Blanc: Like cream cheese, our Face Rock Cranberry Honey Fromage Blanc is a soft, fresh, spreadable cheese with a hint of sweet honey and local cranberries. Perfect paired with your breakfast bagel or with crackers for a snack!