Greened Up Monterey Jack Grilled Cheese
This greened-up grilled cheese sandwich is made with our creamy Monterey Jack, one of the best cheeses for melted goodness.
Sautéed kale and onion are tucked in between two layers of thinly sliced Monterey Jack. Grill slow over medium heat for a delightfully gooey and crunchy sando!
A good grilled cheese trick to know is that you can turn your heat down after you flip your sandwich. The pan is hotter than when you started and this can prevent a burnt second side.
- Sourdough Bread, sliced
- Butter, softened
- Face Rock Monterey Jack
- Kale, washed and chopped
- Onion, peeled and sliced
- Olive oil
- Sauté onion slices with a healthy drizzle of olive oil over medium heat until soft and beginning to brown.
- In the same pan sauté kale with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat until bright green and soft.
- Use a sharp knife to slice Monterey Jack into thin slices
- Spread butter on sourdough bread slices.
- Flip slices over, and on one slice, layer Monterey Jack, onion, kale, and more Monterey Jack. Top with remaining slice, butter side out.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium high heat. Cook the first side of the sandwich until golden and flip. Turn heat down to medium or medium low and watch the bread closely so it toasts but doesn’t burn.
Monterey Jack: Our Monterey Jack is a semi-firm, sweet, creamy, mild American Classic. This Jack is high in moisture which makes it perfect for melting and cooking.
Face Rock’n Jack: We’ve blended Jalapeno and Sweet Red Peppers into our creamy Monterey Jack and came up with a Pepper Jack that is out of this world! Creamy and smooth yet spicy, hot, and sweet this Pepper Jack will rock your tastebuds!