Smokey Turkey & Avo Grilled Cheese
Our creamy Monterey Jack and Smokey Cheddar share top billing in this avocado and smoked turkey melt! Our favorite grilled cheese trick is to skip buttering the bread and melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan instead for maximum buttery coverage.
- Face Rock Monterey Jack, thinly sliced
- Face Rock Smokey Cheddar, thinkly sliced
- Sourdough bread slices, two per sandwich
- Avocado, cored and sliced
- Deli smoked turkey
- On sourdough slices, layer avocado and thinly sliced smoked turkey between slices of our Smokey Cheddar and Monterey Jack.
- Heat a frying pan to medium high heat. Melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan before adding your sandwich. Spread the melted butter in the pan as wide as your bread.
- Place your sandwich in the pan and grill until the first slice of bread is golden. Reduce heat to medium.
- When you lift your sandwich to flip, add more butter to the pan to ensure both sides get the opportunity to crisp up into the perfect crunch.
- Grill second side until the bread is golden.
- Serve immediately.
Monterey Jack: Our Monterey Jack is a semi-firm, sweet, creamy, mild American Classic. This Jack is high in moisture which makes it perfect for melting and cooking.
Face Rock’n Jack: We’ve blended Jalapeno and Sweet Red Peppers into our creamy Monterey Jack and came up with a Pepper Jack that is out of this world! Creamy and smooth yet spicy, hot, and sweet this Pepper Jack will rock your tastebuds!