Horseradish Cheddar Bloody Mary Pie
If you’re a Bloody Mary fan, you are going to love this tomato pie! We’ve taken the flavors of the classic cocktail and transformed it into a savory pie that features our tangy horseradish cheddar. This is a great dish to serve year-round, but it will be especially welcome on a summer spread since it’s the perfect spot to use up the abundance from tomato gardens. While heirloom tomatoes are preferred here, any tomato is going to shine in this dish. Don’t skip the draining step, since wet tomatoes will lead to the dreaded soggy bottom!
- 1 Pie Crust (use your favorite homemade, or purchase an all-butter pre-made crust)
- 3 tomatoes, sliced and drained (see note below for draining instructions)
- 2 cups shredded Face Rock Horseradish Cheddar
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3-5 dashes hot sauce (to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped herb blend of Italian parsley, sage, basil and thyme
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place pie crust in the bottom of a pie pan, trim excess or keep to fold over your tomatoes for a more rustic presentation.
- Place pie weights or beans onto the pie crust and par cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix together 1 cup cheese shreds, mayonnaise, pepper, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and herbs.
- Remove pie shell from oven and remove weights/beans. Increase oven temperature to 400°.
- Spread the cheese/mayo mixture onto the bottom of the pie shell.
- Add a thin layer of red onion slices.
- Add sliced tomatoes with edges overlapping. Tuck in remaining onion slices throughout the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crust, cheese and tomatoes are golden.
- Let sit for ten minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm or cold.
Draining Tomatoes: To drain your tomatoes, remove gel and seeds from the tomato slices, place onto a double thickness of paper towels, sprinkle with salt and let sit for at least ten minutes, turning once. Pat any excess moisture off before placing into your pie crust.
Horseradish Cheese Stimulate the senses with a sparky bite of goodness or blend it into your favorite dishes for that extra little somethin’ somethin’.
Learn More>> Shop Now>>
In Your Face Spicy 3-Pepper Cheddar Jalapeno, Habanero and sweet Red Peppers decorate In Your Face like confetti. This spicy 3-pepper cheddar is our spiciest cheese yet! Enjoy the heat!
Learn More>> Shop Now>>
Sign up to receive our eNewsletter for Updates, & Promotions!