Horseradish Cheddar on Rye Crostini
Horseradish Cheddar adds a special twist to recipes. The familiar horseradish tang is distinguishable, but the slight heat doesn’t overwhelm the taste buds. This cheddar is perfect for savory dishes, like this simple Rye Crostini. We took a shortcut and purchased some delicious cooked and sliced flank steak from our local deli.
- Rye Bread, sliced
- Olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Horseradish Cheddar, Shredded
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Flank Steak, sliced thin
- Micro greens or sprouts
If you are making your flank steak ahead of time, here is a simple and tasty recipe we recommend. Or check your local deli counter for pre-made options. You can use warm or chilled flank steak in this recipe.
- Cut flank steak slices into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Set oven to broil.
- Cut rye bread slices in half and arrange on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place under broiler until toasty. Rye bronwing can be hard to gauge so watch closely!
- Remove from oven, add a healthy mound of shredded Horseradish Cheddar to each slice of bread. Return to broil and cook until cheese is melted and golden.
- Top each slice with stone ground mustard, a piece of flank steak, and a small bundle of micro greens or sprouts.
- Serve immediately.
Face Rock Horseradish Cheddar: Horseradish and fine Face Rock Cheese come together in this artisan crafted specialty.
Stimulate the senses with a sparky bite of goodness or blend it into your favorite dishes for that extra little somethin’ somethin’.
12 Month Aged Cheddar: Our 12 month Aged Cheddar is creamy with a slight nutty flavor. It is a medium cheddar, full of creamy cheddary flavor- yet without the bite that you’ll find in the sharper versions. Low in moisture, this cheddar is great on its own or with your favorite foods.
Sign up to receive our eNewsletter for Updates, & Promotions!