Monterey Jack Stuffed Pockets
Stuffed cheese pockets are fantastic any time of day! You can make these versatile treats with any kind of stuffing and dough combo. Our Monterey Jack is exceptionally melty, and is a great choice for these pockets. You ever heard the phrase, cheese flavored butter for rich soft cheeses? That’s what melted and crispy Monterey Jack tastes like to me – so rich, creamy and the cheese pull is off the charts!
We like pizza dough for our pockets since it takes high heat very well for a crunchy, golden crust. We went with a calzone theme for ours, but other choices could be ham and broccoli, taco meat and tomatoes, pesto, mushrooms and caramelized onion, or just about anything you need to use up from your fridge! For the dough, we used a pre-made pizza dough from our local WINCO since it freezes well and rises up beautifully overnight in the fridge, but you can mix up a fresh batch of your favorite bread dough, or use refrigerated canned dough.
- Pizza Dough – fresh, thawed or unrolled
- Face Rock Monterey Jack, Shredded
- Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 f
- Cut your pizza dough into 6 equal portions and shape into balls of dough.
- Press or roll each ball into a roughly 6″ circle. If you have larger pieces of dough, roll into a larger circle so that the dough is about ¼ to ½ inch thick.
- Top with a teaspoon of marinara sauce, shredded Face Rock Monterey Jack, salami, bacon and olives.
- Fold dough in half and crimp the edges of the pocket.
- Cut a small slit in the top
Monterey Jack: Our Monterey Jack is a semi-firm, sweet, creamy, mild American Classic. This Jack is high in moisture which makes it perfect for melting and cooking.
Face Rock’n Jack: We’ve blended Jalapeno and Sweet Red Peppers into our creamy Monterey Jack and came up with a Pepper Jack that is out of this world! Creamy and smooth yet spicy, hot, and sweet this Pepper Jack will rock your tastebuds!