Put a Stake in It! Vampire Slayer Cheesesteak
We’re ready to sink our fangs into this spooky good take on a philly cheesesteak! We smothered a pile of steak sautéed with onion and green pepper under a cap of our melty, gooey garlic-infused Vampire Slayer.
If you need a dip fix, this hollowed out hearty sourdough roll is the perfect vehicle for dunking this monster into a side of warm au jus. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1 (12-ounce) flank steak
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz sliced cremini mushrooms
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1-2 cups Vampire Slayer cheddar
- 4 large sourdough rolls
- Au Jus gravy (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Shred Vampire Slayer and set aside.
- To create roll bowls, cut a circle into the roll vertically, keeping a ½ inch border and the bottom intact. Pull out the bread core and set aside. Place the four rolls into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Thinly slice the flank steak across the grain. You may be able to find pre-sliced steak in the meat case. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper.
- Slice the green pepper, onion and mushrooms.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté beef slices until it loses any pink color, stirring constantly. Remove beef from pan.
- Add another drizzle of oil to the pan and sauté onion, mushrooms and pepper for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables are lightly brown and tender. Turn off heat.
- Return meat to pan, stir in Worcestershire and soy sauce, and mix to combine.
- Divide the beef mixture evenly among the four rolls. Press shredded cheese into each roll and let some fall down onto roll sides. Tuck roll tops among the edges of dish and place in the oven.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bread is toasty, about 10 minutes. Serve alongside your favorite Au Jus gravy if you desire and dunk away!
Vampire Slayer: Our classic aged cheddar infused with a bold dose of garlic our Vampire Slayer Cheddar was the 2nd cheddar developed here at Face Rock and is consistently one of our most popular cheddars. It’s definitely a must try for anyone who loves garlic. This award winning cheddar is sure to keep vampires at bay!
Super Slayer: If you love Vampire Slayer then you have to give Super Slayer a try! We blended the savory tang of our Garlic Cheddar with the spicy heat of our 3- Pepper Cheese and Super Slayer was born! Give it a try… if you dare!
While Super Slayer is high in flavor it is also high in moisture which is great for melting over your favorite dishes