Smokey Smashed Potatoes
This is a fun and easy recipe if you want a little something different for your potatoes. Serve as a dinner side, a game day snack, or as a perfectly sized appetizer bite. If you would like to use all cheddar, increase the amount to 2 cups.
- 12-15 small multi-colored potatoes
- 1 cup Smokey Cheddar, shredded
- 1 container, Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sour Cream
- Chopped bacon or bacon bits
- Chives, finely chopped
- Chive flowers, separated from stem
- Rosemary, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°. Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Mix to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes, or until soft in the middle when pierced with a knife.
- Remove pan from oven. Using a flat bottomed glass or measuring cup, gently press down on each potato to smash them open. Keep potatoes about 1/4 inch thick. If desired, sprinkle with additional flaky sea salt.
- On half the potatoes, press a small mound of grated Smokey Cheddar. On the other half, spoon a tablespoon of Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc.
- Place back in the oven until cheese is melted and beginning to brown. The Fromage will not spread as it melts. About 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and dress as desired with sour cream, bacon, chives, and rosemary.
- Best served while warm.
Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc: Our Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc took home the 3rd place ribbon at the 2015 American Cheese Society Awards in its category.
Similar to cream cheese (but with less fat and less processing), our Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc is a soft, fresh, spreadable cheese that stands out with a savory and unforgettable combination of garlic and black olives.
Classic Fromage Blanc: Like cream cheese, our Face Rock Fromage Blanc Original flavor is a soft, fresh, spreadable cheese with a hint of sweetness. Swap out for cream cheese in recipes. Perfect when paired with your breakfast bagel or drizzled with honey over pears or apples!
Sign up to receive our eNewsletter for Updates, & Promotions!