Super Slayer Chicken Verde Tostadas
Face Rock Super Slayer cheddar is ideal for dishes that want us to indulge in melty goodness. Super Slayer is a blend of our tangy garlic-infused Vampire Slayer and spicy 3-pepper In Your Face. These chicken and salsa verde tostadas set off this flavor packed cheese perfectly. Go ahead and serve this one any time of day, it works at all meals! We topped ours with a crispy fried runny egg to get our day started right.
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Super Slayer (about 4 oz)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup salsa verde (jarred or fresh)
- 1 poblano pepper, charred, skinned and diced (or substitute a small can of diced jalapenos)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Shredded cabbage
- Egg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together chicken, chopped pepper, salsa, cilantro and cumin. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Arrange tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle each with ¼ cup cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly over tortillas, and bake for an additional 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with shredded cabbage ,and if desired, a crisp fried sunny side up egg.
Super Slayer: If you love Vampire Slayer then you have to give Super Slayer a try! We blended the savory tang of our Garlic Cheddar with the spicy heat of our 3- Pepper Cheese and Super Slayer was born! Give it a try… if you dare!
While Super Slayer is high in flavor it is also high in moisture which is great for melting over your favorite dishes