Grilled Super Slayer Queso Dip
Fire up the grill! This spicy Super Slayer Grilled Queso dip is on point as a camping, grilling or tailgate dish that everyone will want to dive into.
A little prep ahead of time will make this dip super easy to assemble if you want to make it on a portable grill. Simply mix everything but the cheese in a gallon plastic bag or large glass jar, and put your shredded cheese in a second container.
- 1 15 oz jar (or 2 cups) crema Mexicana
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup freshly roasted hatch chiles (or 1 small can)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregeno
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Super Slayer
- 2 Tb Cornstarch
- In a small bowl, toss the cornstarch with the cheese.
- In a second bowl, combine crema, milk, chiles and spices.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or other grill safe pan over a medium hot flame.
- Add crema, milk, chiles and spices to the pan and heat to a simmer.
- Add the cheese, a small amount at a time, and whisk continually until melted. Continue stirring until the queso begins to thicken.This dip will continue to thicken after you pull it off the heat.
- Remove from the grill and set your hot dish on a towel or hot pad for safety. Serve warm with chips, veggies and other dippers.
Super Slayer: If you love Vampire Slayer then you have to give Super Slayer a try! We blended the savory tang of our Garlic Cheddar with the spicy heat of our 3- Pepper Cheese and Super Slayer was born! Give it a try… if you dare!
While Super Slayer is high in flavor it is also high in moisture which is great for melting over your favorite dishes