Peppercorn Harvest Twice-Baked Potatoes
Peppercorn Harvest Cheddar adds something special to these loaded twice-baked potatoes. Taking a little care to not pack the blended mixture back into the potato skin will result in a fluffy, creamy texture that works as the perfect side dish or light meal. Peppercorn Harvest delivers the flavor of Fall all year round with the addition of red and green peppercorns that bring savory bites and just a hint of sweetness.
These potatoes can be fully prepped a day or two ahead of serving. If you’re starting with cold potatoes you may need to increase the final cooking time. They also reheat well!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- Olive Oil
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 green onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded Peppercorn Harvest cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wash and pat potatoes dry. Rub each potato with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Pierce each potato several times and bake until a knife can be inserted smoothly. About an hour.
- Cook bacon using your preferred method until brown and crisp. Drain on paper towels, chop into bite size pieces, and set aside.
- Wash green onions, trim off roots, and slice whites and greens. Set aside.
- After potatoes are done, allow them to cool for at least 15 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl, leaving about a ¼ to ½ inch shell in the skins. Set the skins onto a baking sheet.
- Combine the potato flesh with the sour cream, milk, melted butter, salt, pepper, 1 cup cheese and half the green onions. Mash with a potato masher or mix with a hand mixer until blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the potato skins. Try not to pack the mixture in too much and leave a mounded top.
- Combine one cup cheddar, bacon and half of the green onions in a small bowl. Distribute equally onto each potato, taking care not to pack the potato mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melty and starting to brown.
- Best served hot or warm.
Peppercorn Harvest Cheddar: A taste of the Fall that will leave your taste buds rejoicing all year round. Peppercorn Harvest has the perfect blend of a savory bite and a hint of sweetness from dried peppercorns. This cheese combines our wonderful aged cheddar with the balance of red and green peppercorns.
Face Rock Extra Aged 2yr Cheddar: This cheddar received the 1st place ribbon at the 2015 ACS (American Cheese Society) Awards in the “BEST Aged Cheddar” category!
Our Premium Extra Aged Cheddar is sharp and luxurious with a smooth buttery flavor and creamy texture enhanced by cheese crystals that indicate a quality aged cheddar.
12 Month Aged Cheddar: Our 12 month Aged Cheddar is creamy with a slight nutty flavor. It is a medium cheddar, full of creamy cheddary flavor- yet without the bite that you’ll find in the sharper versions. Low in moisture, this cheddar is great on its own or with your favorite foods.