Fromage Blanc Stuffed Mushrooms
La Femme Fromage has a little fun with our Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc!
We are excited to feature this delicious recipe by Ellian Rohrbacher, the talented Portland-based cheesemonger behind La Femme Fromage. Ellian had fun experimenting with our spreadable Fromage Blanc. Fromage Blanc is a fresh cheese originating from the north of France and the south of Belgium. The name means “white cheese” in French. This creamy smooth cheese is similar to cream cheese but with less fat and less processing. It’s an excellent sub for milk, cream, or other creamed cheeses in recipes of all kinds.
Our Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc stands out with a savory and unforgettable combination of garlic and black olives. It even took home the 3rd place ribbon at the 2015 ACS (American Cheese Society) Awards in the category “Fresh Unripened Cheese with Flavor Added” category.
Ellian used this savory cheese for a new delicious look at that cocktail party classic, stuffed mushrooms. Enjoy!
- 30 creminis, cleaned & stemmed
- 8 oz Ricotta
- 4 oz Face Rock Garlic and Olive Fromage Blanc
- 4 oz Parmesan Reggiano
- 3 smashed garlic cloves
- Salt & Pep to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Small dice the cleaned shroom stems
- Sauté in EVOO & smashed garlic on medium heat for 8 min.
- Add stems to bowl and mix in all three cheeses
- Stuff dem shrooms w/ cheese mix and pop in oven for 20 min.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 min….then Stuff yourself silly!