Does your cheddar slay?
In October we celebrate the arrival of cooler weather and spooky season by celebrating all things garlic! We’ll help you keep the chill and the baddies away with our bestselling garlic cheese lineup: Vampire Slayer Curds, Vampire Slayer Cheddar, Super Slayer Cheddar, and Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc.
Vampire Slayer was one of the first flavors we created at Face Rock, and since then it’s been a consistent fan favorite. Our creamy cheddar enrobes a bold garlic seasoning that carries a distinct bite of garlic. We brought home our very first American Cheese Society First Place Award for Vampire Slayer curds in 2013 shortly after we opened and we haven’t looked back since.
Enjoy some inspiration for getting more of this incredibly flavored cheese on your plate!
Vampire Slayer Pub Cheese: Pub cheese made with Vampire Slayer is such a treat! We’ve transformed our Vampire Slayer into a spreadable, dippable, and meltable treat with just a few ingredients and a food processor.
Super Slayer Chile Verde Chicken Tostadas: Super Slayer is ideal for dishes that let us indulge in melty goodness with a kick. These salsa verde chicken tostadas set off this flavor packed cheese perfectly.
Lunch Box Tacos: Think pop tart but tacos! These portable crunchy tacos are filled with taco filling and Vampire Slayer or Super Slayer cheese. Wonton wrappers crisp up perfectly in a hot oven and keep everything in one place.
Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc, Tomato & Caramelized Onion Galette: Our tangy and savory Garlic Olive Fromage Blanc serves as the foundational layer for a rustic galette that is bursting with right-off-the-vine tomato flavor.
Vampire Slayer Curd Chaffles: A chaffle is a low-carb, protein-packed egg and cheese waffle concoction. Mixing up chaffles is as simple as beating an egg, and mixing in a half cup of crumbled cheese curds or finely grated block cheddar and waffling!
Here is some garlic trivia for you to run through as you enjoy the cheese that might bite you back.
- There are more than 450 varieties of garlic.
- Garlic Can Ward Off Blood Suckers! While we are confident that our garlic cheese will hold off the vampires, garlic is also natural mosquito repellant.
- The Face Rock garlic blend is a closely held secret. Trust us, we asked. The cheesemakers won’t tell!
- A fear of garlic is called ‘alliumphobia’
- National Garlic Day is celebrated on April 19 every year in the US
- Garlic has been cultivated by humans for more than 4,000 years, making it one of the oldest herbs in use